CHOCOLATE & DATE ALMOND MILK:
Watch my video below for a really easy recipe to make almond milk!! You can add any sweetener you want, and you don’t need to add the cacao powder if you just want it to be regular flavoured!
The Best Vegan Chickpea Curry!
I hope anybody reading who needs inspiration for vegetarian or plant-based meals finds this useful! I post food inspiration on Instagram a lot so please follow me there too! My name is ailsa.wright on Instagram. Here is a recipe for a totally vegan chickpea curry which is absolutely delicious & is really simple to make. I make this for my dad because I know he would rather eat meat at every meal time, but this is one of the things he seems happy with and doesn’t complain of being hungry after. This recipe is enough to feed about 4 or 5 people.
What you’ll need:
- coconut oil (or any oil, but coconut oil is preferable)
- 1 large brown onion
- 4 cloves of garlic (more if you like things garlicky!)
- chilli flakes (1 tsp)
- cumin (2 tsps)
- coriander (1 tblsp)
- garam masala (1 tblsp)
- tomato puree (1 tblsp)
- 2 cans of drained chickpeas
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 100g of creamed coconut
- fresh spinach (80g)
- mango chutney (optional)
- Chop the onion and the garlic cloves. Add the onion to a pan with the coconut oil and cook until the onion is soft and starts to turn brown.
- Add the chopped garlic, all of the spices & the tomato puree and cook for about 5 minutes. Add a little bit of water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- Now tip in both the drained cans of chickpeas & the chopped tomatoes and leave it bubbling away for about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the creamed coconut and cook till it has all melted in
- Add the spinach and stir it into the curry until it’s cooked
- That’s it ! Just serve it with whatever you like – usually rice, naan bread or dahl would go nicely with it. Serve with some mango chutney if you have it, it goes really well
I hope you try this out and find it as tasty as I do! Replace one of your meat meals with a dish like this and you’re on your way to saving the planet. As Shona Vertue would say “Less pants, more plants” xxxxx