I’ve recently been making my own beauty products & this is the newest one I’ve tried. Coffee body scrub is so easy & cheap to make and it leaves your skin feeling really smooth – I think the coconut oil is to thank for that. It’s perfect for exfoliating your skin before applying tan or moisturiser & works just as well as the shop bought stuff!
If you’re on a zero-waste journey I really recommend trying to make your own beauty products, you can avoid lots of unnecessary plastic packaging by doing this! It’s also quite fun and can be satisfying knowing you made it yourself.
It literally takes 10 minutes to make – less time than it would to go to the shop & buy body scrub! So it’s really worth it.
The ingredients you’ll need to make it are:
- Coffee Grounds
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Get half a cup of used coffee grounds & mix this in with half a cup of sugar.
- Melt half a cup of coconut oil in a pan (you can use the normal or odourless stuff, it doesn’t matter!)
- Pour this in with the coffee & sugar and mix it up.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix together
- Put it in an old glass/plastic jar or container & keep sealed!
It’s important to store homemade beauty products properly to increase their shelf-life. Obviously there are no additives so the shelf life might be shorter than that of a shop bought product. Therefore I recommend just making as much as you need and keeping things in a sealed container away from direct sunlight!
Check out my other homemade beauty posts too here https://ailsawright.blog/category/diy-products/
If you try this out let me know if you like it/it worked for you! 🙂